Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Christmas Hot Dog

Christmas through the eyes of your children is so much better than anything in the entire world! It’s that time of year where things start to get crazy because you want to cram in all the holiday cheer. This past weekend was no different for us. Unfortunately our only snag was the little guy was sick with bronchitis. So we took the kids to this giant light display at the Jackson Fair grounds. Really I have never seen anything like it. Sammie of course thought it was the coolest because she got to sit on mommy’s lap. Gavin was just excited to be out of his car seat. As we are driving through Micky and I are talking about why we celebrate Christmas. Sammie says, “duh it’s baby Jesus birthday”. We look at each other and I know we are both thinking whew we did something right. We come across the nativity scene and Sammie says, “who are those people?” I look, “oh those are the three wise men and they brought baby Jesus gifts. They brought frankincense, myrrh and mommy can’t seem to remember the third gift. Daddy do you remember?” Daddy looks at me, “gosh nope I can’t”. Sammie bust in, “umm well I think he brought a Hot Dog.” She says it in her little Sammie way full of all the confidence in the world. Micky looks and says, “honey baby Jesus was just a baby he can’t eat hot dogs.” She looks right back at him, “daddy begin born is a lot of work and baby Jesus needed a hot dog”. There really isn’t any way of arguing with her!


Here they are at the end getting their picture taken. I love Gavin's waving. Sammie's cheese ball smile.

Apparently Daddy had a hard time keeping his finger off the flash? Gavin's still waving.

The picture doesn't do it justice but it was really cool this is the front of the light display.


I love this picture because you can tell they do just love each other.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LMAO! I love that Hot Dog story! (And wasn't the third gift gold?)